National Clarion Cycling Club 126th Easter Meet
Lytham St Annes
Friday 7th April to Monday 10th April 2023
Save the dates! Join your clubmates from around the country for a weekend of fellowship and fun in Lytham St Annes. The events on Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th and Monday 10th April are open to all cyclists, not just members of the National Clarion.
The evening events will take place at the Fylde Rugby Club in Lytham, Lancashire, where there is lots of free onsite parking.
Fri 7th April
- Hybrid National Conference from 7pm – 9pm at the Fylde Rugby Club followed by socialising in the bar.
Sat 8th April
- 7:00am – 10 mile Time Trial. Incorporated within the North Lancs RC event on the L101 course at Garstang (approx. 20 miles from Lytham St Annes). Will include the Kenneth Humphries Memorial for the fastest Clarion team (three riders count if two teams of three enter, if not teams of two riders). Also medals for fastest Man/Woman/Juvenile riders. Further information and entry here. Entries close on 28 March. National Clarion contact: Steve Clarke email@example.com
- 9:00am – a fast 50 mile ride led by Blackpool Clarion starting from The Clock Tower, Stanley Park
- 9:00am – an 8 mile led walk around the local area starting from Lytham Windmill
- 1:30pm – a flat 40 mile led ride “The Tour de Fylde” starting from Lytham Windmill
- 7:00pm – Cold Finger Buffet (with vegetarian options) at Fylde Rugby Club, followed by over 2 hours of live music by Pete Lashley
Sun 9th April
- 8:30am – Lytham to Clarion House 136km Audax starting from Lytham Windmill – further details here
- 9:00am – a fast 50-60 mile ride led by Blackpool Clarion starting from The Clock Tower, Stanley Park
- 9:00am – a medium paced 50-70 mile ride led by Blackpool Clarion starting from The Clock Tower, Stanley Park
- 1:00pm – Circuit Races organised by the National Club, we’ll be hosting an afternoon of circuit racing for all categories. (Youth Riders A/B/C/D/E Boys and Girls, 4 Cat Men, 2/3/4 Women, 2/3/4 Men. Racing will be on the purpose built Palatine Circuit in nearby Blackpool. Racing from 1:00pm-5:00pm. Further information and entry details here. Entries close on 2 April. Contact: Steve Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7:00pm – Hot Buffet (with vegetarian options) at Fylde Rugby Club
- 8:00pm – National Clarion awards presented by guest of honour Chris Sidwells
- 8:30pm – Presentation and Q&A session by guest of honour Chris Sidwells
Mon 10th April
- 9:00am – a medium paced 67 mile led ride to the Trough of Bowland starting from Lytham Windmill
Lytham St Annes, Blackpool and the Fylde have many types of accommodation. An online search would give you lots of options. There is a Travelodge about 2.5 miles away.
Advance booking and payment is required for the evening meals and events as follows:
- Saturday 8th April: The cold finger buffet and the live music session by Pete Lashley
- Sunday 9th April: The hot finger buffet and the presentation / Q&A session by guest of honour Chris Sidwells
The costs are:
Saturday: Live music session only – £5.00 per person for both adults and under 18’s
Saturday: Cold buffet and the live music session – £13.95 per adult or £8.95 for under 18’s
Sunday: Presentation and Q&A session only – £5.00 per person for both adults and under 18’s
Sunday: Hot buffet and the presentation / Q&A session – £14.95 per adult or £9.95 for under 18’s
Bookings can be made via our online shop. Bookings for the evening buffets closed on Saturday 25th March. The final date for booking the evening social events is Wednesday 5th April.
For all booking enquiries, please contact us at EasterMeet@clarioncc.org
There are many other attractions in and around Lytham St Annes, the Fylde and Blackpool, including:
- Lytham Hall
- Lytham Windmill
- Blackpool Prom
The photos in the gallery below give an impression of some of the attractions in the area. All photographs by Adam Gee Photography or Paul Whitehead and used with kind permission. They remain under copyright of their respective owners.