Boots & Spurs what does it mean?
It comes from when Clarion newspaper editor Robert Blatchford, used to sit in the barracks late at night telling stories between friends…to make sure their listeners were still awake, the storyteller would say ‘Boots!’ those still awake would reply ‘Spurs!’, the story would continue. ‘Boots and Spurs’ continues to be the Clarion call to this day.
Boots & Spurs Magazine
One of the benefits of joining the National Clarion Cycling Club is that you get two copies of the Award-winning Boots & Spurs magazine delivered to your door each year.
The current editor is Edward Gilder.
Between 2010 and 2017 Boots & Spurs was edited by Matthew Ball and Kirsty Ball (West Lothian Clarion).
- Voted magazine cover of the decade by PPA Scotland
- 2013 PPA Independent publisher cover of the year.
- 2013 PPA Scotland Small Publisher,
- 2013 PPA Scotland Member magazine,
- 2013 PPA Scotland Best cover.
- 2012 PPA Scotland cover of the year,
- 2011 PPA Scotland business & professional magazine design,
- 2011 PPA Scotland member magazine of the year
A selection of some of the previous editions of Boots & Spurs Magazine can be viewed on this page