- 10th Apr 2020 - 12th Apr 2020
- Warwick Arms Hotel
CANCELLED – 125TH EASTER MEET – APR 10-12TH 2020
It will come as little surprise to many of you that, with the recent government advice regarding the Covid-19 Corona Virus outbreak, we are forced to cancel the 125th annual meet of the National Clarion this Easter.
This is the first time we will have missed an Easter Meet since 1918, which shows how significant it all is, but as you can appreciate, we must put the care and health of our members and the wider public to the fore of our actions.
We hope to rearrange the Warwick meet, to either August Bank Holiday weekend, or to Easter 2021, so the committee will welcome any comments or feedback from members on this matter. If we are fortunate that the outbreak subsides in the next few months, we may still be able to run a Clarion meet in 2020.
We are grateful to the organisers Jess Beyer-Lyons and the Hickmans who have got the event organised and ready, and we hope their efforts will not go to waste.
In the meantime, we want to wish you the best of health and a speedy recovery if indeed you become infected.
Please take care.
For the fifth time in its history, the beautiful city of Warwick is host to the National Clarion Easter Meet. In celebration of its 125th anniversary, we have planned a number of cycling (and non-cycling) activities in the spirit of our National Clarion “Fellowship is Life”. We hope you can join us for some – if not all – of the sociable cycling (and non-cycling) activities over Easter!
1906 – 1911 – 1924 – 1931 – 2020
The programme for the Easter Meet is shown below.
Online bookings can be made via the web shop.
If you prefer, you can also download the booking form and make a bank transfer (contact email@example.com .for bank details). Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
4 New Row
You can also download a PDF of this information.
Friday, 10 April
|3pm – 6pm||National Clarion Annual Conference at the Warwick Arms Hotel
After the conference, why not have a pint with your fellow Clarions and toast to the 125th celebration of fellowship and cycling?
Saturday, 11 April
|Afternoon||No TT bike is no excuse for the 10 Mile Road Bike Time Trial – any bike will do, as long as it is a road bike!
Ride as fast (or as relaxed) as you like for the Kenneth Humphries Memorial TT.
Course: K41/10 based at Wolvey
4 New Row
Please note: Registration closes on Tuesday, 31st March at midnight
|Evening||Annual Gala Dinner and Prize Presentation
The beautiful Warwick School will be the host for three-course dinner to celebrate our 125th Easter Meet and the achievements of your fellow Clarions.
Pyne Room, Warwick School, Myton Road, Warwick, CV34 6PP
Sunday, 12 April
|Morning – 09.30 a.m.||
Starting from the Hatton Park Village Hall, embark on a 125km (not miles!) Challenge Ride in the Warwickshire lanes with your fellow Clarions and collect your commemorative medal when back at the finish.
|Evening||Fancy measuring your Skittles skills against that of your fellow Clarion friends? A casual evening of drinks, food and games at the Wild Boar Pub in Warwick.
Monday, 13 April
Depart, or enjoy Warwick town and castle for one last time before heading home.
We hope you can join us for the special anniversary weekend of Easter Meets in Warwick!
Things to Do in Warwick
For friends and family of National Clarion Warwick offers a wide choice of activities – apart from cycling – with a host of tea rooms, shops and restaurants. As well as the iconic Warwick Castle, the town is host to a number of interesting sights and attractions to visit to name a few:
- Lord Leycester Hospital (which is not an hospital!) comes highly recommended to visit by the Tourist Information and is a short walk from the Warwick Arms hotel.
- St Mary’s Church – a lovely 800 year old church. Free admission and for £3 you can go up the tower for spectacular views over Warwick. Again, only a short walk from the Warwick Arms hotel.
- Market Hall Museum – the 17th century landmark in the heart of Warwick has been recently refurbished with the help of a generous grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The museum tells the story of Warwickshire, and how the shifting natural, built and human landscapes have shaped the county to the present day. Admission to the museum is free, donations welcome.
- Warwick Castle is about 5 mins walk from the Warwick Arms Hotel. If you are staying at the Hotel you can get a £2 reduction on the price of the ticket. A ticket purchased at the Tourist Information gives £1 reduction.
- Warwick provides plenty of opportunities to get out and about walking. There are Rivers and Canal Walks which are approximately 5 mile circular walks or a 2.5 mile walk to Leamington Spa. Highly recommended is also the Stairway to Heaven – a 3.5 mile canal walk along the 21 lock flight. In Warwick itself the Tree Walk provides opportunities around the Town centre.
We like to let you find and reserve your own accommodation to suit your own tastes and budget. With this in mind we are happy to send you to: Where to Stay – Visit Warwick.
Alternatively, we have negotiated special rates with one hotel in the town centre:
The Warwick Arms Hotel
+44 (0)1926 492759 | WWW.THEWARWICKARMSHOTEL.COM
Ashleigh, Reception – RECEPTION@THEWARWICKARMSHOTEL.
Please use the name ‘Hickman’ to book the room with the hotel, who will then add your name to one of the reserved rooms.
- £90 Sole Occupancy
- £100 Double Occupancy
- £110 Family room
- £100 Sole Occupancy
- £110 Double Occupancy
- £120 Family room
- £80 Sole Occupancy
- £90 Double Occupancy
- £100 Family room
All rooms are inclusive of breakfast and VAT.