We organise rides and events for enthusiastic cyclists in and around the area of Pendle Hill, Ribble Valley, Yorkshire Dales,The Pennines
Here are some of the benefits of joining the Barnoldswick Clarion Cycling Club:
- Regular club runs; A-rides (c.50 miles at 15+mph) and B-rides (c.45 miles at 12+mph).
- Meet, ride & socialise with like-minded people.
- Improve your cycling by joining other enthusiasts and share free advice from their (and your) collective experience.
- Enjoy your cycling more, in a group environment and widen your cycling horizons.
- We also organise a weeks holiday cycling in Mallorca and the odd weekend trips
Where and when we meet for rides:
We regularly meet up at War Memorial near the Co Op next to Pelican Crossing in the centre of Barnoldswick, every Saturday 9.00 am and Wednesday 9.00am between March and October British summer time, 0930 a.m October to March British winter time for various rides to different destinations. Distances of our rides tend to be 30 to 60 mile but we do adjust these depending on the riders and weather conditions.
The club has a wealth of experience and always makes sure that our new riders are looked after on their first few rides. We pride ourselves in riding in a disciplined and safe manner and respect our fellow road users. For example we acknowledge cars that wait and pass us safely, we single file when safe and appropriate to do so. We also slow down for horses and chat to them as we pass, so that we don’t startle them. We also pride ourselves on our light-hearted banter on our rides.