- 15th Apr 2022 - 17th Apr 2022
- No Categories
National Clarion 125th Easter Meet
Lancaster, 15 – 18 April 2022
Image by Ker Russell.
To book your place, please visit our online shop no later than Friday 25 March.
Venue and Accommodation
The meet will be based at the Royal Kings Arms Hotel in Lancaster town centre: https://royalkingsarmshotel.co.uk
A range of both double and single rooms are being held for us until the beginning of March and if booking, you need to mention that it is for the National Clarion Easter Meet to get the agreed rate. This is £210 for a double room and £180 for a single for the three nights. It is up to members to satisfy themselves about any arrangements for the return of deposits taken by the hotel, in the event of a necessary Covid cancellation. The National Clarion will not be liable for loss of any room deposit money arising from a cancellation for whatever reason.
For those who prefer to camp, Red Bank Farm near Hest Bank/Bolton-le-Sands has been recommended. This campsite is close to the canal, so anyone staying there would have an off-road route into Lancaster over the famous Lune Aqueduct.
- £55 for the weekend
- £20 for Saturday only
- £35 for Sunday only
- £35 for the weekend
- £10 for Saturday only
- £25 for Sunday only
Friday 15 April
- Informal get together at the Royal Kings Arms
Saturday 16 April
- For those looking for a racing fix, we’ve decided to incorporate the Easter TT within the North Lancs RC Open 10 mile on (7am start) It’s on the nearby L101 course at Garstang. They’re expecting a full field, despite the early start time, so get your entries in ASAP. Separate registration required: https://bit.ly/3JsPqvM
- Audax kindly organised by Neil Shand of North Cheshire Clarion. Separate registration required:
- Social ride (approx. 40 miles) – details tbc
- Walk through Lancaster’s historic town centre.
- Buffet with musical entertainment from Pete Lashley
Sunday 17 April
- Racing option tbc
- Gravel ride to Slaidburn
- Ride to Clarion House (approx. 70 miles) (tbc)
- Walk option, if there is demand
- Awards dinner: Sit down three-course dinner on Sunday evening, with prize giving. Please note: menu choices will need to be made no less than two weeks before the event and menus will be circulated to those with firm bookings, in due course.
Club Awards & Conference
Club awards are traditionally given out at the Easter Meet and the nomination forms will be posted on the website or can be obtained from the secretary.
In past years Conference (the club AGM) has been held at the Easter Meet, but this restricts attendance to those who have come to the event. This is not a very inclusive approach, as attending an Easter meet may not appeal to some or be affordable to others. The committee has resolved to continue with conference by Zoom, in May or early June 2022 as in 2021, enabling all sections who wish to take part to do so and to provide an opportunity for private members to engage more easily. Nomination forms for those who wish to stand for office and forms for resolutions will be made available in the usual way to section secretaries once a date has been fixed.