Clarion Cover Third Party Insurance
Members can now sign up for the new Clarion Cover Third Party insurance for just £12 per year. If you are already a member of the National Clarion you can buy Clarion Cover through membership mojo Buy Clarion Cover Third Party Insurance
Clarion Cover Third Party Insurance will only be available to paid up National Clarion members. Please note Clarion Cover runs from 1st January 2017 to 31st December 2017.
If you are a member of Tuxford, Fenland, Heanor, Saddleworth or London section or a private member and have already used Membership mojo and you wish to also benefit from Clarion Cover you just need to send a cheque to Ian Clarke and ask him to upgrade your membership on the membership mojo system.
Full terms and conditions here clarion-cover-policy-information
Why is Third Party Insurance important for Cyclists?
As it says on the BBC Website says Although third-party insurance is not compulsory for cycling, there is a risk – albeit a small one – of causing damage to an expensive vehicle while you are on your bike. Replacing even a wing mirror on a £50,000 Mercedes is an expensive prospect. Insurance tips for cyclists inspired by Bradley Wiggins
Clarion Cover Third Party insurance is available for just £12 to all National Clarion members. Get piece of mind from just £1 per month. If you are already a member of the National Clarion you can buy Clarion Cover through membership mojo Buy Clarion Cover Third Party Insurance
Why you should have 3rd party insurance:
- Protect against someone suing you, if you caused an accident
- Saves you paying out the cost of damages you caused in a lapse of concentration
- One less thing to worry about
- At only £1 per month, you get this
What is and what isn’t 3rd party insurance:
- It is insurance to cover your costs if someone wants to claim against you
- It protects you against claims you might cause in an accident
- It isn’t personal injury insurance (that normally costs £100s)
- It is peace of mind
What am I covered for?
- Commuting to and from and between work
- Club runs
- General riding
- Sportives, reliability rides, Time Trials (but not bunched races)
How good is the Clarion Covr Third Party Insurance cover?
- Underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance
- Max’ cover £5million per incident
- Anywhere in the world except USA & Canada
- Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
What’s the worst that can happen?
- Someone asks you to pay for the costs of damaging a car, or:
- Another bike, or a personal injury to them
- And you have to pay out of your own bank account
- Accidents happen, don’t let it cost you the earth
Accident Assistance and Legal support
The majority of cycling accidents that occur involve members who sustain personal injury (damage to themselves, their bicycle or other property) through no fault of their own. In most cases, incidents arise through the negligence of the driver of a motor vehicle, a small number involve defects to the public highway and in occasional cases accidents are caused by other cyclists. In these circumstances a 3rd party is at fault.
The National Clarion is delighted to announce that it has entered in to a partnership with Smooth Law Ltd who will provide our members with free Legal Assistance to pursue such personal injury claims against at fault parties. This added benefit comes at no additional cost to the annual membership subscription.
In the event that a claim is successful, Smooth Law Ltd, like other legal practices will take a success fee which for members and families is reduced from the standard 25% to 15%. That said, in circumstances where they recover all their fees or for monies they receive which are to replace or repair a members bicycle, a success fee will not be taken.
Smooth Law Ltd are a specialist, personal injury solicitor. They will use their experience to assess claims and where they think good grounds exist will undertake the claim for compensation on our members behalf on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. In addition, they have kindly agreed to extend this offer to our members’ families.
Smooth Law will provide Help / Support Line through their dedicated National Clarion Freephone number 0800 470 1174. This will operate on weekdays, 9.00 am – 8.00pm (except on public holidays).
They have also produced some handy stickers which can be stuck on to your bike or inside your helmet for reference. These will be sent out with 2017 membership cards.