Bookings now being taken for Easter 2018
You are invited to attend the 123rd Clarion Cycling Club Easter Meet for a weekend of Sun, Sea and Cycling in Southend-on-Sea!
The weekend is family friendly with both cycling events and lots to see and do in Southend. You can take a trip along the longest pier in the World, visit Adventure Island amusement park or stroll through the quaint fishing village of nearby Leigh on Sea. For those cycling there will be both Mountain Biking and Road Cycling as well as an opportunity to visit the 2012 Olympic MTB course Hadleigh Park.
The HQ for the weekend will be the Park Inn Hotel
30th March Friday evening (Park Inn Hotel)
- Official opening by Guest of Honour & welcome drink
- Collect Easter Meet Ribbon, cycling route maps and a goody bag
31st March Saturday daytime – (Hadleigh Park, Essex, SS7 2PP)
- Opportunity to ride the 5km 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike Course
- Test your MTB skills on the Pump Track
- Visit Hadleigh Castle
- Visit the Rare Breed Centre and meet Dylan the Donkey or Cookie the Exmoor Pony
- Explore the 500 acre Hadleigh Country park
- Social ride
31st March Saturday Evening (Park Inn Hotel)
- ‘Pub Quiz’ with Prizes hosted by Chris Goode (Yorkshire Coast Clarion)
- Prize for the best hat, cap or Easter bonnet
- Watch a selection of cycling short films
- Buffet Dinner
1st April Sunday – Daytime
- Time Trial, details tbc
- Social Rides 20 or 40 miles
1st April Sunday – Evening (Park Inn Hotel)
- 3 Course Dinner including speech by guest of honour Maurice Burton and Prize Presentation
The Park Inn Hotel overlooks the Adventure Island amusement park, pier and seafront. It is a short walk from both Stations and opposite the multi-storey car park (discounts available to hotel guests). A number of hotel rooms are available at a special discounted price; just call the hotel and mention Clarion Cycling club. Tel 01702 455155
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is a car park opposite the Park Inn Hotel
There is a car park at Hadleigh Park for Saturday
Southend Central train station is 5 minutes walk from the Park Inn Hotel.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit National Clarion Cycling Club Website
What’s the refund policy?
7 days before the event starts.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the Home of the 2012 Olympic MTB Course Hadleigh Park like?
There are several videos on You Tube about Hadleigh Park here are a couple:-
A special discounted early bird hotel rate has been negotiated with the Park Inn Hotel which will be the HQ for the weekend. You can learn a bit abut the Park Inn Hotel and it’s history on the BBC website Learn a bit about the history of the Park Inn Hotel Southend
To benefit from the special rate you need to call the hotel Tel 01702455155 and mention National Clarion Easter Meet 2018. Early booking is recommended to ensure availability.
- £60 Bed/Breakfast Twin / Double Room
- £55 Bed/Breakfast Single Room
- Per Room Per Night
- £10 Extra per room per night for a sea view